Frequently Asked Questions
The treatment That Keeps On Giving
So after the immediate healing phase of Micro-
How exactly does it Work?
By the time we are 35 we will have lost half the collagen (the ‘scaffolding’ of the skin) in our skin and elastin (which gives our skin its elasticity), and quite simply Micro Needling stimulates collagen and elastin production.
It is the controlled stimulation of the skin’s ability to self-
Natural serums, oils and preparations (I am a fan of powerful concentrations like Hyaluronic Acid) are applied immediately after Micro-
The All Important Healing Process
As the epidermis is only punctured, it heals quickly. However, the skin as a whole undergoes a three staged healing process after Micro-
Although it is still beneficial to have a one-
The three stages of skin remodeling are:
1. Inflammation – This begins directly after the treatment, the skin is red and inflamed.
2. Inflammatory response – Healthy tissue growth is stimulated.
3. Tissue formation – The actual remodeling of healthy skin continues for up to 1 year.
What skin concerns can be treated with Micro-
What does the treatment feel like and is there any downtime?
Some clients feel a slight sensation when the treatment is being performed similar to an elastic band slightly tapping against your skin.
The downtime is very minimal and you can usually return to your normal activity within 24hrs. You may experience some redness (Slight sunburn appearance) for up to 12 to 48hrs after treatment. There are usually no major side effects to this treatment.
WHEN DO I START TO SEE RESULTS AND CAN THIS BE COMBINED WITH OTHER TREATMENTS?
Most patients will start to notice improvement after the first treatment. More significant results will start to show after the 2nd and 3rd treatments but results may vary for each patient. Treatments are spaced 5-
Treatments can be combined with other interventions such as Red LED light, micro current and Cellvite lift but this should be done at least 2-
During your consultation with your Beauty Consultant will determine if this will be a good fit for your personal aesthetic goals.
How will it benefit me?
Will I see results after one treatment?
We didn’t age overnight…so why should we anti-
We want considerably younger looking skin without paying out thousands for a face lift…and we want the results, not tomorrow, not today but NOW!! We don’t take into consideration the fact that it has taken a lifetime of environmental exposure, bad lifestyle and diet choices, lack of exercise and bodily imbalance for our skin to reach its current state.
Even after just one treatment your skin will look much plumper. You can see some improvement with each treatment. Every client’s skin is different and during our consultation we will be able to determine the client’s individual goals (Pigmentation, Anti aging, etc.) for her skin health. Age, Lifestyle and skin health play a vital role in achieving the best results with micro-
Is there anyone Micro-
Do I have to stay out of the sun?
It is important to protect your skin from direct sun exposure over the series of your treatments and it is highly recommended to use an spf30 broad spectrum sun block. Sun beds and sun bathing are to be avoided. Microdermal needling treatments can be carried out all year round as long as you are not planning to be in full sun exposure immediately following a treatment.
What should I do after the treatment?
1. Hot showers, hot baths and saunas are to be avoided for 24 hours. Also anything that generates heat in the skin should as exercise, cooking over a high heat, etc.
2. No make up may be applied for 48 hours after your treatment.
3. Sun block may not be used for 48 hours after your treatment
4. Cold packs or our Dr Schwab Seaweed mask may be used to ease temporary discomfort.
5. If there is direct sun exposure there are certain complications that may occur that should be discussed fully.
6. A good skin care regime as discussed with your therapist is necessary between treatments this will also greater the effects of the treatment.
Body Connection Spa Castleknock & Blanchardstown
|Blanchardstown (01) 8208410 or (01) 8208412|
|Castleknock (01) 8214984 or (01) 8201802|