How can massage help your health and well-
We all know massage is relaxing and can help ease aches and pains but the health benefits of massage stretch far beyond just simply soothing and relaxing.
1. Pain relief and improved range of movement: Ever suffered from debilitating back pain that medication doesn’t seem to help. Well a study in America found that “the benefits of massage are about as strong as those reported for other effective treatment such as acupuncture, medications and yoga” quote from Dan Clerkin Ph.D lead author of the study. Massage also releases endorphins which are amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
2. Raise alertness: Want to boost your brain power well massage has been proven to make you more alert.
3. Tension headaches eased: Just like muscle and back pain, headaches can also be alleviated thanks to massage. A regular massage can reduce a person’s number of migraines as well as limit how painful each migraine feels.
4. Soothes anxiety and depression: massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, resulting in lifted spirits and often lower blood pressure. It can also boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which are linked to depression.
5. Boost to immune system: researchers have found that massage can increased a person disease fighting white blood cells. The stress reducing powers of massage can also help keep you healthy.
6. Improved quality of sleep: Massage not only helps you sleep better but it leads to a deeper more restful sleep. Having trouble sleeping read our article on insomnia.
7. Improved beauty: Massaging the right places can even have beauty benefits. Massage increases blood flow which plumps up slack skin, encourages lymphatic drainage which removes toxins from the cells so that more nutrients can travel in.
You only get one body so taking care of it should be one of your top priorities by adding massage to your routine now, you will feel look and simply be healthier far into the future. Massage appointments should be considered part of everyone’s health and well being plan. And remember just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic.